Please take a minute to review Dr. Dunbar’s credentials and learn a little bit more about him.
- Doctor of Ministry, Columbia Theological Seminary, Decatur, Georgia 1994
- Master of Education, Community Counseling, Georgia State University, Atlanta 1976
- Bachelor of Arts, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 1969
- 2004-present: Program Director, DUI Intervention Program, Division of Addictive Diseases, Georgia Department of Behavioral Health, Atlanta
- 1994-present: Part Time Instructor, Georgia State University, Criminal Justice Department
Teaching classes on addiction, cultural diversity, and criminal justice to graduate and undergraduate students
- 2003-2005: Therapist, Addiction Counselor, The Florence McDonnell Counseling Center at the Cathedral of St. Philip
- 2000-to 2003: Director of Counseling Center, Clergy Staff, Roswell United Methodist Church
- 1997-2000: Project Coordinator, Substance Abuse Internet Referral System, Metropolitan Atlanta Council on Alcohol and Drugs
- 1993-1996: Substance Abuse Program Administrator, Georgia Department of Corrections
Designed, developed and coordinated the continuous operation of a comprehensive, statewide substance abuse program in 42 prisons that included basic drug education, a series of six types of addiction treatment programs ending in pre-release planning and aftercare.
- 1972-1992: Executive Director, Breakthru House—a residential A&D treatment program
- Master Addiction Counselor by the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors, Certificate # 501612
- Certified Addiction Counselor II by the Georgia Addiction Counselor Association
- Certified Clinical Evaluator by the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health I.D. # 1908
- Certified Co-occurring Disorders Professional-Diplomat by IC&RC, Certificate # 401258
- P.O.S.T. Certified instructor
Reviews from Clients and Colleagues
“Scott Dunbar is one of Atlanta’s most respected addition counselors. He brings a lifetime of experience and caring to this profession. He is the “dean” of treatment specialists. I send clients to him regularly.”
“When in crisis mode it is such a comfort to know you have someone who is skilled, and gifted, to help you along your journey. Strong in his faith….and equally strong in providing support, clarity, and guidance.”
“Mr. Dunbar has helped me in many ways. He helped to improve my marriage and life. He is very knowledgeable and truly cares for you.”
Do you have a review you would like to share? Please send in your feedback via the contact form by clicking here. Due to the nature of my services, I will not post your name, only your feedback.